spot_img
Thursday, February 19, 2026
More
    spot_img
    HomeIndiaLapsed 5% Muslim quota in Maha formally nullified | India News

    Lapsed 5% Muslim quota in Maha formally nullified | India News

    -


    Lapsed 5% Muslim quota in Maha formally nullified
    Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis

    Mumbai: Eleven years after the BJP-Sena govt led by Devendra Fadnavis scrapped the 5% Muslim quota in govt jobs and education, the Mahayuti govt has cancelled a circular outlining the process of issuing caste validity certificates for the quota. Officials said the long-delayed process was completed after a query was raised in the last state assembly session. The 5% minority quota had been introduced by the Congress-NCP govt led in June 2014. However, the ordinance lapsed by Dec 2014 since it had not been converted into an Act under the subsequent BJP-Sena govt led by Fadnavis. A high court petition also led to a stay on the quota for jobs. In March 2015, the Fadnavis govt issued an order officially cancelling the ordinance. However, a related circular on caste validity certificates for minorities issued by the social justice department was overlooked. It is this circular which has now been cancelled. “This is just a formality,” said an official.



    Source link

    Related articles

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Stay Connected

    0FansLike
    0FollowersFollow
    0FollowersFollow
    0SubscribersSubscribe
    spot_img

    Latest posts