spot_img
Thursday, February 19, 2026
More
    spot_img
    HomeUncategorizedMonths after Delhi bombing, fake ‘NIA officer’ from Pulwama held near Red...

    Months after Delhi bombing, fake ‘NIA officer’ from Pulwama held near Red Fort with minor boy | Delhi News

    -


    Picture of the arrested accused, Mudassar, shared by the police.

    NEW DELHI: A man from Jammu and Kashmir has been arrested in Delhi for allegedly impersonating an officer of a central agency and cheating economically vulnerable families on the promise of jobs, police said.The accused, identified as Mudassar, a resident of Pulwama, was intercepted during patrolling by a team from Kotwali police station.According to police, a black Hyundai Santro with a Jammu and Kashmir registration number was found parked under suspicious circumstances near Delhi Chalo Park behind the Red Fort.Mudassar and a minor boy were inside the vehicle when officers approached them.“When questioned, Mudassar produced an identity card similar to that issued by the National Investigation Agency. The card appeared suspicious and both were brought to the police station for detailed questioning,” a senior police officer said.Investigators later found that the card resembled one issued by the National Investigation Agency, but was allegedly forged.Preliminary inquiries suggested that Mudassar had been targeting economically vulnerable families in Jammu and Kashmir, promising employment opportunities in Delhi in return for money.“Mudassar had assured the minor boy’s family of arranging a job for him and taken an advance payment before bringing him to Delhi,” the officer added.Police said the pair left Kashmir on February 12 and reached Delhi the following night. They had been staying at a guest house in the Jama Masjid area.The accused told investigators he had contacted some people to arrange a job for the minor, but he could not produce any documentary proof to support the claim.A joint interrogation involving the Special Cell, the Intelligence Bureau and the central agency concerned concluded that the identity card was forged and had not been officially issued. A case has been registered and further investigation is under way, police said.2025 Delhi car blastThe incident comes months after the 2025 Delhi car blast near the Red Fort, in which 15 people were killed. Investigating agencies later confirmed that terror accused Umar was inside the car.The vehicle had been parked for nearly two hours at a nearby parking lot before it was driven out and detonated.A new report by the United Nations Security Council has blamed Jaish-e-Mohammed for carrying out a series of attacks, including linking the outfit to the car bombing near the Red Fort in New Delhi.The findings are part of the biannual assessment prepared by the Security Council’s monitoring team overseeing sanctions against Al-Qaeda and Islamic State affiliates. The report stated that the group was “reported to be linked to an attack on the Red Fort in New Delhi on 10 November that killed 15 people”.It further noted that one member state had informed the monitoring team that Jaish-e-Mohammed had claimed responsibility for multiple attacks. The outfit was also said to be connected to the November 10 strike in the capital.The report additionally highlighted that UN-designated terrorist Masood Azhar had, on October 8 last year, announced the creation of a women’s wing allegedly intended to support terrorist activities.



    Source link

    Related articles

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Stay Connected

    0FansLike
    0FollowersFollow
    0FollowersFollow
    0SubscribersSubscribe
    spot_img

    Latest posts